Friday, June 8, 2012

G&L Chili Dogs of Holland

Well I have driven past this place a hundred times, never stopped in because I don't like hot dogs, but when I saw their menu online they had plenty of other things to eat that I do enjoy. So one fine afternoon, after taking my daughter to a doctors appointment, we stopped in for a light snack, and ended up eating an early dinner.

I was expecting your average run of the mill fast food place where you order at the counter, pay, and then wait for your food. Not at G&L Greek Chili Dogs, we were ushered to a booth, the waitress took our drink orders, and gave us ample time to decide what we wanted to eat.

They of course have their proprietary hot dogs, and chili dogs, but they have aprox. forty different items on their menu, so everyone can find something they like to eat even if they are like me, and hate hot dogs. Let me just say that yes the hot dogs are skinny little dogs compared to other places, but the reason is that they are all meat, and NO fillers like the other guys dogs. So if you've never tried one of G&L's chili dogs, go try one today!

I had the grilled cheese w/ fries, and my daughter has the chicken strips meal. She could not stop raving about how good the strips were compared to all the fast food chain restaurants she has been too. The grilled cheese was on thick texas toast, buttered and grilled to perfection. On the next two trips I enjoyed the double cheese burger w. just ketchup on it. The burgers are made from high quality fresh ground beef, and served hot and fresh every time.

The waitresses are friendly and helpful, the cook who runs the place likes to talk to the customers, very friendly.  The place in clean, and a nice place to eat at a good price. Support local West Michigan based businesses!  Try G&L today, they have three restaurants in Muskegon, and one in Holland on Lakewood Blvd.!

* As of recently the Holland location has closed, sorry

http://www.glchilidogs.com


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment