Saturday, April 1, 2017

My First Time Ever at Chick-Fil-A!

Well, it was inevitable that sooner or later the nationally known quick service chicken restaurant would make it's way to West Michigan.  Hundreds lined up for the grand opening and some free food. I am wondering if freezing their buns off out in the cold was worth it but hey, it was an experience of a lifetime for them.

So I managed to take a lunch over at the Chick-Fil-A on 54th near US 131 and Clyde Park in front of the Meijer store. I went inside and got in line behind 50 other people and the line stretching across the length of the entire restaurant mind you.  It did not take that long to get through the line and place my order and the staff was friendly and helpful to this Chick-Fil-A green-horn.

I order the grilled chicken nuggets 8-count w/BBQ sauce to dip them in and of course the famous waffle fries, and a delicious chocolate shake to round things out.  I am not someone who enjoys fast-food Chicken but I had to give this place a try so I went online beforehand and scoped out the menu so I knew what I wanted before I got in there.

The Grilled Nuggets were the best I've ever had, they were marinated to perfection with just the right amount of seasoning. The BBQ sauce made them even better and the waffle fries were great also. The shake was awesome, one of the better ones I've had and it did not taste like chemicals like Mc whatchamacallit's does.   Although in all fairness I did enjoy the chocolate-mint shake they were offering over at Mc***** recently.

I will say this that the line inside moved way faster than the one outside in the drive-thru so you might consider going inside instead. Whatever you choose to do Chick-fil-a is an experience worth waiting for.  The prices OK it is not the cheapest place to eat out at but is healthier than that cheeseburger you were thinking of having at that other place.




No comments:

Post a Comment